PRACTICE TRANSITION SEMINAR IN CLEVELAND
This important seminar is designed for the doctor who is contemplating a practice transition. That could be for (1) the busy doctor looking to take a partner or (2) the senior doctor thinking about retirement and selling his or her practice or (3) the younger doctor contemplating buying a practice or becoming a partner.
Most of the issues (for example, how to value a practice) will be equally relevant whether you are the potential buyer or the potential seller. We will point out the pros and cons of the various issues from each side's point of view. This is a no-nonsense, intensive 8-hour course.
Enjoy the nightlife in the Flats - with outdoor restaurants, musical venues, and boats drifting by under illuminated bridges.
May 14, 2022
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
IF RESERVED BY MARCH. 14TH
Doctor Only: $945
Doctor & Spouse: $1055
Promo Code: earlybird50
IF RESERVED AFTER MARCH 14TH
Doctor Only: $995
Doctor & Spouse: $1105
AGD Subject Code: 550 (Practice Management)
Teaching Method: Lecture
YOU'RE INVITED! Join Brandon and Guest Speakers
All attendees are invited to join us for a complimentary “Meet the Experts” mixer at our office in Pepper Pike, OH, the Friday evening before the seminar from 5:30 – 7:30, including a 90 minute CE seminar featuring expert guest speakers covering dental accounting, lending, real estate and IT.
If you have any questions that are not addressed here, please call 216-765-1199 for more information.
Often, both Dr. Seller and Dr. Buyer attend this seminar together. Because they learn what to expect throughout the transition process and how the transaction needs to be structured so it is fair to both parties.
The seminar will cover the pros and cons of the various issues from each side's point of view. This is a no-nonsense, intensive course which will include such topics as:
- How to recognize the common blunder doctors make of giving away the first half of a practice when they think they are selling it to a new partner.
- From the junior partner's point of view, how to recognize when you are getting a tremendous bargain. What to look for in a future associate or partner.
- How to find a practice buyer.
- How to value a practice.
- What are the preferred legal and tax structures for various types of transitions.
- How to save taxes on the sale or purchase of a practice or when taking or becoming a partner.
- How to avoid major blunders in group practice buy-sell agreements.
- Fair compensation techniques among partners.
- Are you ready to retire?
- Continuing tax-deductible fringe benefits post-retirement.
- What happens to a corporation at retirement?
- What happens to a doctor-owned office building at retirement
- Taking benefits out of a retirement plan.
- Avoiding the 10% penalty tax on premature distributions.
Collier & Associates, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2024
Provider ID #209852
CE Planning Committee
Members of the CE planning committee have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
SEMINAR ATTENDEE BONUSES
- Returning doctors who bring a new attendee will each get 10% off the seminar registration fee if registering together.
- Bigger Bonus for doctors who have attended 3 seminars in the last 5 years and bring a new attendee, your registration is a gift from us—up to a $1500 value!
We understand that emergencies arise. If you can't make it to a seminar, please provide instructions in writing at least 30 days before the scheduled event date. The full registration fee (minus a $50.00 processing fee) will be refunded if we are notified of cancellation 30 days prior to the scheduled event date. No refunds are possible after this timeframe. For cancellation within 30 days, a credit will be provided towards a future seminar for medical emergencies only.
Have a friend or colleague who you think will enjoy this seminar?
Invite them to join us!
Talk to Collier & Associates Today