AGGRESSIVE BUSINESS, TAX & PRACTICE MGMT. SEMINAR
AGD Subject Code: 550 (Practice Management)
Teaching Method: Lecture
At our C&A seminars, Brandon lectures extensively on issues affecting the business side of a practice. He has become a leading authority on private practice transitions, proactive steps to take before a practice sale/purchase, strategies for maximizing your practice’s profitability and minimizing your tax burden, investing for retirement and much, much more. We do not sell any products at these seminars - only knowledge and insight.
Many of our clients are repeat seminar attendees, and excited to take our courses year after year. We still haven’t figured out if it’s because of the destinations we choose or the education they receive. Either way, by registering for one of the classes below, you are guaranteed to learn a lot while having a good time.
We are in constant contact with the hotels and are only presenting meetings in locations that are aggressively and conscientiously setting up safe environments.
- Tax Law Changes and an Aggressive But Legal Approach to Cutting Taxes - The course content will address tax law changes that came out of the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath.
- New, Improved Retirement Plans - New tax savings plan designs that can improve the power of plans for doctors who want to save between $10,000 and $200,000 per year.
- Improve Profitability - Common sense ways to improve profitability.
- Estate Planning – Tips for a new era of higher tax rates and lower lifetime exemptions.
- Insurance Needs - Appropriate levels (if any) of life, disability, liability, and long-term care insurance. What the insurance sales people prefer you don’t know.
- Practice Transitions - How to find a buyer for your practice, how practices are appraised and how to structure the transition to save tax.
- Growing Your Portfolio Through Sound Investing - How to build your portfolio while working, and how to reposition them.
Upon completing this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Effectively communicate with their tax consultant or CPA on recent tax law changes.
- Communicate with retirement plans administrators and better understand their retirement plan options and benefits.
- Manage supplier costs, know how to effectively implement fee increases, and exercise simple marketing tactics that convert.
- Have a foundational understanding of estate planning and applicable tax rates and exemptions.
- Appropriately select the best insurance products for the needs of their family and practice.
- Find a buyer or seller for their practice transition needs, apply foundational appraisal methods and deal structures that can save on taxes.
- Financially navigate in the current economic climate, draw a personal financial roadmap and evaluate their comfort zones in taking on risks.
BRANDON S. COLLIER, J.D., LL.M.
Brandon is an expert attorney who specializes in representing the dental profession. He has headed the 50-year firm since 2010. As President of Collier & Associates, he is a nationally renowned expert in representing doctors in all phases of practice transitions. He writes the popular Collier & Associates Advantage Newsletter and lectures extensively at his own seminars and on behalf of many professional organizations. Brandon holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, a Juris Doctor Degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, and a Master's Degree in Taxation from the New York University School of Law.
Financial Disclosure: Brandon is the President of Collier & Assosciates, Inc. and a Partner in Collier & Associates Co., L.P.A
CE Planning Committee
Members of the CE planning committee have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Casa de Campo Resort
The seminar at Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic, one of our personal all-time favorites, will be presented February 6-10, 2023. We call this the perfect camp for adults. Our rates include not only lodging, dining, and drinks, but a terrific array of sports. We love taking early morning canters in the scenic hills. There is a great tennis center with day and night play, a golf cart per each room to explore the gorgeous beach and upscale neighborhoods, a marina, charming boutiques and shopping, polo matches, and the most famous golf courses in the Caribbean. (There is an extra charge for golf.)
Daily Room Rate Includes:
- 1 golf cart for touring
- 3 Daily meals + 2 snacks per person from choice of 8 hotel restaurants
- Unlimited drinks by the glass from hotel restaurants/bars
- Unlimited horseback riding & tennis
- 25 shots of skeet/trap at shooting center per person/per stay
- Unlimited non-motorized sports at Minitas Beach (kayak, paddle boarding, snorkeling gear, etc.)
- Beach & Main Pool service assistance
Our group rate is $447 per person/per night and $596 per couple/per night.
Feb. 6-10, 2023
Please arrive at the meeting room between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 6 to sign in and receive course materials. Lectures will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with question and answer periods before and after the meetings. Outlines will be used as a guide to the course.
It would be useful to have a list of specific questions ready, but we will cover the most commonly asked ones in detail during the seminar as well. All course material will be provided while checking in on the first day. For complete candidness, tape recorders will not be allowed at the program.
Early Bird pricing is valid only till 60 days prior to the event. To receive Early Bird pricing, use promotion code earlybird50 at checkout.
- Regular pricing is valid if registering within 60 days of the event.
- At the Door pricing is applicable if registering on the day of the event.
- Attendance at the programs is limited to doctors and their spouses, and key office staff members, except by special permission.
SEMINAR ATTENDEE BONUSES
- Returning doctors who bring a new attendee will each get 10% off the seminar registration fee if registering together.
- Bigger Bonus for doctors who have attended 3 seminars in the last 5 years and bring a new dentist or veterinarian colleague, your registration is a gift from us—up to a $1500 value!
NOTE: Discounted offers do not stack. Only one bonus or discount can be applied per transactional order. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please call 216-765-1199 for more information.
Promo Code: earlybird50
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL IF RESERVED BY DEC. 8, 2022: Doctor Only: $1370 | Doctor & Spouse: $1545
AFTER EARLY BIRD PRICING: Doctor Only: $1420 | Doctor & Spouse: $1595
Collier & Associates, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2024
Provider ID #209852
Collier and Associates, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Collier and Associates, Inc. designates this activity for 20 continuing education credits.
We understand that emergencies arise. If you can't make it to a seminar, please inform us in writing at least 30 days before the scheduled event date. The full registration fee (minus a $50.00 processing fee) will be refunded if we are notified in writing of the cancellation at least 30 days prior to the scheduled event date. No refunds are possible after this timeframe. For cancellation within 30 days, a credit will be provided towards a future seminar for medical emergencies only. Account credits must be used within one year of the issue date.
* Collier & Associates, Inc. is not responsible for reimbursement of any registrant's expenses related to a cancelled or postponed seminars. Understanding the cancellation policy for contracted hotels is the responsibility of the attendee.
As a courtesy, C&A would very much appreciate your informing us as soon as possible of any cancellations intended so that we can alert those who are on waiting lists, which allows them time to schedule their flights. Thank you for your cooperation!
C&A has partnered with Travel Guard and CSA Travel Protection (Generali) so that our Attendees can feel secure while traveling. Select your choice of coverage below by clicking one of the graphic links to obtain coverage information and build your quote.
Please note that Collier & Associates, Inc., and staff are limited in answering any policy questions. Our firm is an authorized partner with CSA Travel Protection (Generali) and able to offer their travel insurance products. We can (limitedly) address questions online vs. the phone due to coordinating questions with our CSA travel partners. Thank you!
Have a friend or colleague who you think will enjoy this seminar?
Invite them to join us!
Talk to Collier & Associates Today