PRACTICE TRANSITIONS SEMINAR
AGD Subject Code: 550 (Practice Management)
Teaching Method: Lecture
At C&A seminars, Brandon Collier lectures extensively on issues affecting the business side of a practice. He is a leading authority on private practice transitions, proactive steps to take before a practice sale/purchase, strategies for maximizing a practice’s profitability and minimizing its tax burden, investing for retirement and much, much more. We do not sell any products at these seminars - only knowledge and insight.
Many of our clients are repeat seminar attendees, and excited to take our courses year after year. We still haven’t figured out if it’s because of the destinations we choose or the education they receive. Either way, by registering for one of our classes, you are guaranteed to learn a lot while having a good time.
Often, both Dr. Seller and Dr. Buyer attend this seminar together. Because they learn what to expect throughout the transition process and how the transaction needs to be structured so it is fair to both parties.
The seminar will cover the pros and cons of the various issues from each side's point of view. This is a no-nonsense, intensive course which will include such topics as:
- When is the right time to retire?
- Finding a buyer or seller with or without a broker
- How practices are valued and how transactions are structured to maximize tax benefits
- Associate to partner – compensation, non-competes and the buy-in discussion
- The common blunders doctors make when selling or taking on a partner or associate
- Key partnership concepts: allocation of earnings and profits, voting, and a partner's exit
- DSO vs. traditional sales – when the DSO could make sense
- Post-sale considerations and preparing for retirement
Upon completing this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Take the appropriate steps to prepare to sell or buy their practice.
- Exercise common practice valuation methods.
- Know how to apply for financing and have an understanding of financing strategies.
- Apply basic contract negotiation strategies.
- Communicate effectively with their consultant or attorney to ascertain their preferred legal and tax structure for their practice transition.
- Better understand the tax implications and benefits that are associated with buying (into) or selling a practice.
- Understand what happens to a corporation at retirement.
BRANDON S. COLLIER, J.D., LL.M.
Brandon is an expert attorney who specializes in representing the dental profession. He has headed the 50-year firm since 2010. As President of Collier & Associates, he is a nationally renowned expert in representing doctors in all phases of practice transitions. He writes the popular Collier & Associates Advantage Newsletter and lectures extensively at his own seminars and on behalf of many professional organizations. Brandon holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, a Juris Doctor Degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, and a Master's Degree in Taxation from the New York University School of Law.
Financial Disclosure: Brandon is the President of Collier & Assosciates, Inc. and a Partner in Collier & Associates Co., L.P.A
CE Planning Committee
Members of the CE planning committee have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
For history, art, and restaurant lovers, Atlanta offers it all. Stylish Buckhead is known for its upscale malls and independent art galleries that cluster around Miami Circle and Bennett St. Chicly dressed locals frequent trendy restaurants along Peachtree Rd., while twenty-somethings haunt lively bars and clubs. Visitors enjoy the Georgia Aquarium, High Museum of Art, CNN Studio Tour, Atlanta History Center, and Botanical Garden, to name a few. Regional history is on display at the Governor’s Mansion and the Atlanta History Center.
Room rates of $259 per night + tax & $20 per night amenity fee include:
$15 credit per day in The Americano Bar
$10 credit per day for guest room mini bar
$15 credit per stay at Spa InterContinental
2 complimentary bottled waters per guest room, per night
Apr. 12, 2024
Please arrive at the meeting room between 8:15 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on Friday, Apr. 12, to sign in and receive course materials. The lecture will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with question and answer periods before and after the meeting. Outlines will be used as a guide to the course.
It would be useful to have a list of specific questions ready, but we will cover the most commonly asked ones in detail during the seminar as well. All course material will be provided while checking in on the first day. For complete candidness, tape recorders will not be allowed at the program.
Early Bird pricing is valid only till 60 days prior to the event. To receive Early Bird pricing, use promotion code earlybird50 at checkout.
- Regular pricing is valid if registering within 60 days of the event.
- At the Door pricing is applicable if registering on the day of the event.
- Attendance at the programs is limited to doctors and their spouses, and key office staff members, except by special permission.
SEMINAR ATTENDEE BONUSES
- Returning doctors who bring a new attendee will each get 10% off the seminar registration fee if registering together.
- Bigger Bonus for doctors who have attended 3 seminars in the last 5 years and bring a new dentist or veterinarian colleague, your registration is a gift from us—up to a $1500 value!
NOTE: Discounted offers do not stack. Only one bonus or discount can be applied per transactional order. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please call 216-765-1199 for more information.
Promo Code: earlybird50
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL IF RESERVED BY FEB. 12, 2024: Doctor Only: $1125 | Doctor & Spouse: $1255
AFTER EARLY BIRD PRICING: Doctor Only: $1175 | Doctor & Spouse: $1305
Collier & Associates, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2024
Provider ID #209852
Collier and Associates, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Collier and Associates, Inc. designates this activity for 8 continuing education credits.
We understand that emergencies arise. If you can't make it to a seminar, please inform us in writing at least 30 days before the scheduled event date. The full registration fee (minus a $50.00 processing fee) will be refunded if we are notified in writing of the cancellation at least 30 days prior to the scheduled event date. No refunds are possible after this timeframe. For cancellation within 30 days, a credit will be provided towards a future seminar for medical emergencies only. Account credits must be used within one year of the issue date.
* Collier & Associates, Inc. is not responsible for reimbursement of any registrant's expenses related to a cancelled or postponed seminars. Understanding the cancellation policy for contracted hotels is the responsibility of the attendee.
As a courtesy, C&A would very much appreciate your informing us as soon as possible of any cancellations intended so that we can alert those who are on waiting lists, which allows them time to schedule their flights. Thank you for your cooperation!
C&A has partnered with Travel Guard and CSA Travel Protection (Generali) so that our Attendees can feel secure while traveling. Select your choice of coverage below by clicking one of the graphic links to obtain coverage information and build your quote.
Please note that Collier & Associates, Inc., and staff are limited in answering any policy questions. Our firm is an authorized partner with CSA Travel Protection (Generali) and able to offer their travel insurance products. We can (limitedly) address questions online vs. the phone due to coordinating questions with our CSA travel partners. Thank you!
Have a friend or colleague who you think will enjoy this seminar?
Invite them to join us!
Talk to Collier & Associates Today