AGGRESSIVE BUSINESS, TAX & PRACTICE MGMT. SEMINAR
AGD Subject Code: 550 (Practice Management)
Teaching Method: Lecture
At C&A seminars, Brandon Collier lectures extensively on issues affecting the business side of a practice. He is a leading authority on private practice transitions, proactive steps to take before a practice sale/purchase, strategies for maximizing a practice’s profitability and minimizing its tax burden, investing for retirement and much, much more. We do not sell any products at these seminars - only knowledge and insight.
Many of our clients are repeat seminar attendees, and excited to take our courses year after year. We still haven’t figured out if it’s because of the destinations we choose or the education they receive. Either way, by registering for one of our classes, you are guaranteed to learn a lot while having a good time.
This seminar will help you save taxes, retire wealthy and be better at running the business of your practice. The goals are simple—to conduct a tax-deductible seminar at a delightful site, for a modest cost, and have the doctor and spouse learn enough to more than pay for the trip.
- Tax Law Changes and an Aggressive But Legal Approach to Cutting Taxes - The course content will address tax law changes that came out of the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath.
- New, Improved Retirement Plans - New tax savings plan designs that can improve the power of plans for doctors who want to save between $10,000 and $200,000 per year.
- Improve Profitability - Common sense ways to improve profitability.
- Estate Planning – Tips for a new era of higher tax rates and lower lifetime exemptions.
- Insurance Needs - Appropriate levels (if any) of life, disability, liability, and long-term care insurance. What the insurance sales people prefer you don’t know.
- Practice Transitions - How to find a buyer for your practice, how practices are appraised and how to structure the transition to save tax.
- Growing Your Portfolio Through Sound Investing - How to build your portfolio while working, and how to reposition them.
Upon completing this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Effectively communicate with their tax consultant or CPA on recent tax law changes.
- Communicate with retirement plans administrators and better understand their retirement plan options and benefits.
- Manage supplier costs, know how to effectively implement fee increases, and exercise simple marketing tactics that convert.
- Have a foundational understanding of estate planning and applicable tax rates and exemptions.
- Appropriately select the best insurance products for the needs of their family and practice.
- Find a buyer or seller for their practice transition needs, apply foundational appraisal methods and deal structures that can save on taxes.
- Financially navigate in the current economic climate, draw a personal financial roadmap and evaluate their comfort zones in taking on risks.
BRANDON S. COLLIER, J.D., LL.M.
Brandon is an expert attorney who specializes in representing the dental profession. He has headed the 50-year firm since 2010. As President of Collier & Associates, he is a nationally renowned expert in representing doctors in all phases of practice transitions. He writes the popular Collier & Associates Advantage Newsletter and lectures extensively at his own seminars and on behalf of many professional organizations. Brandon holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, a Juris Doctor Degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, and a Master's Degree in Taxation from the New York University School of Law.
Financial Disclosure: Brandon is the President of Collier & Assosciates, Inc. and a Partner in Collier & Associates Co., L.P.A
CE Planning Committee
Members of the CE planning committee have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Grand Hyatt Vail
Vail, in the summer, is spectacular! For outdoor enthusiasts, the list of activities is endless: from scenic hiking trails to mountain biking, gondola rides, golf and whitewater thrills, boredom is not an option. For those who simply want to relax, Vail offers weekend farmer’s markets and art shows, botanical gardens, and outstanding dining and shopping for all tastes and wallets. Surrounded by natural beauty, the town of Vail, itself, is full of European ambiance and charm. Our beautiful and perfectly situated Grand Hyatt Vail boats a spa, fitness center, and multiple restaurants. This is a great destination for families of all ages!
Our great group rates of $404 double/$424 with children (plus taxes) per night are breakfast-inclusive. *All guests staying at the Hyatt MUST book inside the Collier block.*
Jul. 22, 23, 25, 26, 2024
Please arrive at the meeting room between 8:15 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on Monday, July 22, to sign in and receive course materials. Lectures will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, with question and answer periods before and after the meetings. Outlines will be used as a guide to the course.
It would be useful to have a list of specific questions ready, but we will cover the most commonly asked ones in detail during the seminar as well. All course material will be provided while checking in on the first day. For complete candidness, tape recorders will not be allowed at the program.
TAKE WEDNESDAY OFF!
Spend the day exploring the wilderness.
(We'll extend our other 4 seminar days 1 HR to keep the 20 CE hours.)
Early Bird pricing is valid only till 60 days prior to the event. To receive Early Bird pricing, use promotion code earlybird50 at checkout.
- Regular pricing is valid if registering within 60 days of the event.
- At the Door pricing is applicable if registering on the day of the event.
- Attendance at the programs is limited to doctors and their spouses, and key office staff members, except by special permission.
SEMINAR ATTENDEE BONUSES
- Returning doctors who bring a new attendee will each get 10% off the seminar registration fee if registering together.
- Bigger Bonus for doctors who have attended 3 seminars in the last 5 years and bring a new dentist or veterinarian colleague, your registration is a gift from us—up to a $1500 value!
NOTE: Discounted offers do not stack. Only one bonus or discount can be applied per transactional order. Thank you!
Call our office to register. Online registration coming soon!
If you have any questions, please call 216-765-1199 for more information.
Promo Code: earlybird50
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL IF RESERVED BY MAY 23, 2024: Doctor Only: $1512 | Doctor & Spouse: $1705
AFTER EARLY BIRD PRICING: Doctor Only: $1562 | Doctor & Spouse: $1755
Collier & Associates, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2024
Provider ID #209852
Collier and Associates, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Collier and Associates, Inc. designates this activity for 20 continuing education credits.
We understand that emergencies arise. If you can't make it to a seminar, please inform us in writing at least 30 days before the scheduled event date. The full registration fee (minus a $50.00 processing fee) will be refunded if we are notified in writing of the cancellation at least 30 days prior to the scheduled event date. No refunds are possible after this timeframe. For cancellation within 30 days, a credit will be provided towards a future seminar for medical emergencies only. Account credits must be used within one year of the issue date.
* Collier & Associates, Inc. is not responsible for reimbursement of any registrant's expenses related to a cancelled or postponed seminars. Understanding the cancellation policy for contracted hotels is the responsibility of the attendee.
As a courtesy, C&A would very much appreciate your informing us as soon as possible of any cancellations intended so that we can alert those who are on waiting lists, which allows them time to schedule their flights. Thank you for your cooperation!
C&A has partnered with Travel Guard and CSA Travel Protection (Generali) so that our Attendees can feel secure while traveling. Select your choice of coverage below by clicking one of the graphic links to obtain coverage information and build your quote.
Please note that Collier & Associates, Inc., and staff are limited in answering any policy questions. Our firm is an authorized partner with CSA Travel Protection (Generali) and able to offer their travel insurance products. We can (limitedly) address questions online vs. the phone due to coordinating questions with our CSA travel partners. Thank you!
Have a friend or colleague who you think will enjoy this seminar?
Invite them to join us!
Talk to Collier & Associates Today