AGGRESSIVE BUSINESS, TAX & PRACTICE MGMT. SEMINAR
AGD Subject Code: 550 (Practice Management)
Teaching Method: Lecture
At C&A seminars, Brandon Collier lectures extensively on issues affecting the business side of a practice. He is a leading authority on private practice transitions, proactive steps to take before a practice sale/purchase, strategies for maximizing a practice’s profitability and minimizing its tax burden, investing for retirement and much, much more. We do not sell any products at these seminars - only knowledge and insight.
Many of our clients are repeat seminar attendees, and excited to take our courses year after year. We still haven’t figured out if it’s because of the destinations we choose or the education they receive. Either way, by registering for one of our classes, you are guaranteed to learn a lot while having a good time.
This seminar will help you save taxes, retire wealthy and be better at running the business of your practice. The goals are simple—to conduct a tax-deductible seminar at a delightful site, for a modest cost, and have the doctor and spouse learn enough to more than pay for the trip.
- Tax Law Changes and an Aggressive But Legal Approach to Cutting Taxes - The course content will address tax law changes that came out of the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath.
- New, Improved Retirement Plans - New tax savings plan designs that can improve the power of plans for doctors who want to save between $10,000 and $200,000 per year.
- Improve Profitability - Common sense ways to improve profitability.
- Estate Planning – Tips for a new era of higher tax rates and lower lifetime exemptions.
- Insurance Needs - Appropriate levels (if any) of life, disability, liability, and long-term care insurance. What the insurance sales people prefer you don’t know.
- Practice Transitions - How to find a buyer for your practice, how practices are appraised and how to structure the transition to save tax.
- Growing Your Portfolio Through Sound Investing - How to build your portfolio while working, and how to reposition them.
Upon completing this course, the attendee will be able to:
- Effectively communicate with their tax consultant or CPA on recent tax law changes.
- Communicate with retirement plans administrators and better understand their retirement plan options and benefits.
- Manage supplier costs, know how to effectively implement fee increases, and exercise simple marketing tactics that convert.
- Have a foundational understanding of estate planning and applicable tax rates and exemptions.
- Appropriately select the best insurance products for the needs of their family and practice.
- Find a buyer or seller for their practice transition needs, apply foundational appraisal methods and deal structures that can save on taxes.
- Financially navigate in the current economic climate, draw a personal financial roadmap and evaluate their comfort zones in taking on risks.
BRANDON S. COLLIER, J.D., LL.M.
Brandon is an expert attorney who specializes in representing the dental profession. He has headed the 50-year firm since 2010. As President of Collier & Associates, he is a nationally renowned expert in representing doctors in all phases of practice transitions. He writes the popular Collier & Associates Advantage Newsletter and lectures extensively at his own seminars and on behalf of many professional organizations. Brandon holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, a Juris Doctor Degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, and a Master's Degree in Taxation from the New York University School of Law.
Financial Disclosure: Brandon is the President of Collier & Assosciates, Inc. and a Partner in Collier & Associates Co., L.P.A
CE Planning Committee
Members of the CE planning committee have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
WILD ALASKA ESCAPE: HAINES, THE INIAN ISLANDS & TRACY ARM FJORD
Travel with Lindblad Expeditions Aboard National Geographic Sea Bird
Sitka / Embark Ship
Arrival Time: Arrive by 2:00 p.m. local time.
Arrival City: Sitka
Arrive in Sitka, Alaska, situated on the western coast of Baranof Island and overlooking the Pacific Ocean, in the early afternoon and embark National Geographic Sea Lion or National Geographic Sea Bird in time for cocktails and an introduction of the vessel staff and crew.
Meals included: dinner
Exploring Baranof or Chichagof Island
Explore the breathtaking bays of Baranof or Chichagof. Both islands are part of the ancient Tongass National Forest. Chichagof harbors one of the highest concentrations of brown bears in the world, and both islands are home to diverse wildlife. Kayak or paddleboard along rugged coastlines and go hiking through the temperate rainforest, listening for bald eagles calling out from the tops of towering spruce and hemlock trees.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Icy Strait & the Inian Islands
Spend today searching for wildlife in nutrient-rich waters where the Pacific Ocean meets the Inside Passage. Options include a Zodiac cruise among the Inian Islands, home to a sizeable population of Steller sea lions; kayaking in the protected coves of Chichagof Island; or hiking in lush temperate rain forest where bald eagles dot the canopies.
Meals included: lunch, dinner, breakfast
A paradise for adventure seekers, Haines offers the chance to cycle along the edge of a glacial fjord, go fly fishing for salmon and Dolly Verdon trout, or choose from an array of world-class hikes. Other options include a visit to the ancient Tlingit village of Klukwan for a dance demonstration and cultural interpretation before rafting down the Chilkat River. This day brims with options.
Meals included: lunch, dinner, breakfast
Tracy Arm-Fords Terror Wilderness
Wake up in Tracy Arm or Endicott Arm, part of the Tracy Arm-Ford’s Terror Wilderness. Cruise through this glacier-sculpted fjord, then set out to explore by Zodiac. View the soaring Dawes or South Sawyer Glacier up close—and keep an eye out for the dramatic sight of huge slabs of ice breaking off and crashing into the water below. If conditions permit, paddle a kayak below the steep walls of the fjord. Celebrate your voyage with a farewell dinner on board.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Juneau / Disembark Ship
After breakfast, disembark in Juneau and transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Departure Time: After 1:00 p.m. local time.
Departure City: Juneau
Meals included: breakfast
Note -itinerary is subject to change. Be sure to check the recommended flights and times before booking your air.
- Five nights’ shipboard accommodations aboard the National Geographic Sea Bird for 62 guests
- Roundtrip group transfer from the airport to the ship for guests based on recommended arrival times.
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages aboard ship
- Complimentary alcoholic beverages (excludes super premium brands)
- All shore excursions, sightseeing, and entrance fees during the voyage
- Use of kayaks, paddleboards, and expedition landing craft
- Services of Lindblad’s Expedition Team:
- Expedition Leader
- Naturalist staff and expert guides
- Undersea specialist
- Wellness Coordinator
- Services of a Certified Photo Instructor
- Access to our Tools for Exploration:
- Bow camera
- Underwater video camera
- Video microscope
- All port charges, special access permits, service fees and taxes
- All gratuities to local guides
- Services of our Charter Coordinator
- Complimentary post-voyage portfolio web link
- All airfare
- Passport and visa expenses (if necessary)
- Travel protection plan
- Items of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages not noted above, wi-fi etc.)
- LEX Wellness spa and treatment services
- Gratuities to ship’s staff and crew are at Charterer’s / guests’ discretion ($25 per person, per day recommended, based on ’23 recommendations)
Unused services or items included in our programs are nonrefundable.
CABIN PRICING PER PERSON (MUST HAVE 2 PEOPLE PER CABIN):
Category 1: $5,372
Category 2: $6,672
Category 3: $7,737
Aug. 1-6, 2025
Because this is such a different type of seminar, there aren't set meeting times at the moment. We will let all attendees know what times to meet.
On the first day of the seminar, you will sign in and receive course materials. Lectures will be held from at varying times the rest of the week with question and answer periods before and after the meetings. Outlines will be used as a guide to the course.
It would be useful to have a list of specific questions ready, but we will cover the most commonly asked ones in detail during the seminar as well. All course material will be provided while checking in on the first day. For complete candidness, tape recorders will not be allowed at the program.
REGISTRATION FOR AGGRESSIVE BUSINESS, TAX & PRACTICE MANAGEMENT WILL OPEN AFTER MARCH 1, 2024.
Early Bird pricing is valid only till 60 days prior to the event. To receive Early Bird pricing, use promotion code earlybird50 at checkout.
- Regular pricing is valid if registering within 60 days of the event.
- At the Door pricing is applicable if registering on the day of the event.
- Attendance at the programs is limited to doctors and their spouses, and key office staff members, except by special permission.
SEMINAR ATTENDEE BONUSES
- Returning doctors who bring a new attendee will each get 10% off the seminar registration fee if registering together.
- Bigger Bonus for doctors who have attended 3 seminars in the last 5 years and bring a new dentist or veterinarian colleague, your registration is a gift from us—up to a $1500 value!
NOTE: Discounted offers do not stack. Only one bonus or discount can be applied per transactional order. Thank you!
To reserve your place, a $1,500 deposit per person is required for the cruise. Once we go to contract with Lindblad Expeditions, we will take seminar registrations (at an additional charge).
The total cruise cost will vary based on cabin category.
DEPOSIT MUST BE PAID BY CHECK
Addressed to Collier & Associates and is due by February 15, 2024.
Please click the button below to acknowledge that your deposit is nonrefundable.*
*This is not the cost of the actual seminar. Once we go to contract, we will take seminar registrations.
*However, if we DO NOT go to contract, deposits will be refunded.
Collier & Associates, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2024
Provider ID #209852
Collier and Associates, Inc. is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Collier and Associates, Inc. designates this activity for 20 continuing education credits.
We understand that emergencies arise. If you can't make it to a seminar, please inform us in writing at least 30 days before the scheduled event date. The full registration fee (minus a $50.00 processing fee) will be refunded if we are notified in writing of the cancellation at least 30 days prior to the scheduled event date. No refunds are possible after this timeframe. For cancellation within 30 days, a credit will be provided towards a future seminar for medical emergencies only. Account credits must be used within one year of the issue date.
* Collier & Associates, Inc. is not responsible for reimbursement of any registrant's expenses related to a cancelled or postponed seminars. Understanding the cancellation policy for contracted hotels is the responsibility of the attendee.
As a courtesy, C&A would very much appreciate your informing us as soon as possible of any cancellations intended so that we can alert those who are on waiting lists, which allows them time to schedule their flights. Thank you for your cooperation!
C&A has partnered with Travel Guard and CSA Travel Protection (Generali) so that our Attendees can feel secure while traveling. Select your choice of coverage below by clicking one of the graphic links to obtain coverage information and build your quote.
Please note that Collier & Associates, Inc., and staff are limited in answering any policy questions. Our firm is an authorized partner with CSA Travel Protection (Generali) and able to offer their travel insurance products. We can (limitedly) address questions online vs. the phone due to coordinating questions with our CSA travel partners. Thank you!
Have a friend or colleague who you think will enjoy this seminar?
Invite them to join us!
Talk to Collier & Associates Today